Karen's practice is focused on assisting individuals and families with estate planning, estate administration, and real estate transactions. She helps her clients create estate plans that effectively transfer wealth and guard against future incapacity, disability or other changes in circumstance. Karen regularly assists clients with preparing the following estate planning documents:
- Power of Attorney
- Representation Agreements
- Bare Trust Agreements
- Transfer documentation to add, remove or amend owners on title to real property
- Discretionary Trusts
To compliment her wills, trusts and estate practice and enhance her knowledge, Karen is currently completing the International Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners' (TEP) diploma for Canada.
In Karen's real estate practice, she assists clients with family transfers, purchases, sales, and refinancing transactions.
Karen completed her law degree at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops where she was awarded course prizes in both Employment Law and Law and Gender. During this time, Karen also worked for a national law enforcement agency where she developed the passion for critical thinking and the study of the law. Prior to joining Wilson Rasmussen LLP, Karen articled with a mid-sized firm in Vancouver with a focus on real estate law.
- Thompson Rivers University J.D.
- University of the Fraser Valley B.B.A.
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Surrey Board of Trade
- Secretary for the Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council
Areas of Practice:
- Residential Purchases
- Residential Sales
- Residential Mortgage & Refinancing
- Wills and Estate Planning
Telephone (604) 583-7917
Fax (604) 583-7139
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-aujla-45861179/